👋 A little about us.
GitBook is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower technical teams by seamlessly integrating knowledge management into their existing asynchronous workflows.
We're a fully remote team who are building the future of work and you will be joining during a pivotal moment for GitBook. We've enjoyed great success since we were founded, and now we're taking conscious steps to take our company to the next level. That means you will have the opportunity to positively impact the trajectory of the company
Some things we’re proud of:
🤝 Used by over 2M users and thousands of teams
💼 Backed by top partners such as P9 Capital, Notion Capital and Fly VC
🤔 Why are we opening this position?
As we take our company to the next level of growth, we're focusing heavily on doubling down on product-led growth and taking control of the top of our funnel.
We're looking for our very first Product Marketing Manager to own the post sign-up experience. This role is critical in our journey to strengthen our product-led growth and making our strategy successful.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
As any product led company, you will be working closely with our product and go-to-market teams to be their voice and get our tech audience excited about the product. As we're an early stage startup, the impact of your role will be huge and there is a lot that you'll be able to bring to the function. You'll have the opportunity to own our product marketing strategy and execute on it.You will be in charge of :
- defining and building the strategy to position and message the product for market adoption with a tech audience
- owning the operational aspect of marketing activities (in-product, email campaigns, webinars...)
- driving cross-team collaboration to create an overall email strategy and best practices (including providing collaterals for Sales or CSM functions)
- owning our marketing site content (new features communication, customer stories, A/B test value proposition...)
- managing the self-serve sign up & trial experience through touch-point automation and cohort data insights (we're very data savvy!)
- co-owning the marketing automation stack and its implementation together with our Head of data
You'll be valued for
- your capabilities to translate any new features or product initiatives into compiling content for our tech audiences
- ability to communicate effectively with developers, technical writers and product teams
- your knowledge of the tech B2B SaaS industry allowing you to quickly drive improvements and experimentations
- your ability to build and maintain operations from scratch, handling the operational and strategic aspect of the role
- your content writing skills that allow you to create qualitative short content at scale and iterate on it
- your experience working with product data to build onboarding funnels that drive conversion
- your ability to successfully collaborate on cross-team work in a remote and async environment
✨ What's next ?
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.Here's what our process will look like:
- Intro call with Lilian, our Head of People (30min) to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
- Meeting with Sara, our COO (45min) to discuss about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment and clarify any questions on your side
- Take home to work on a concrete project
- Cross-team meeting (45min) so you meet your peers and make sure you will thrive in our culture
- The last discussion will be around cultural alignment. You will have the opportunity to meet with Samy (co-founder) to learn more about GitBook history, ambition and culture.
👥 join GitBook
Every single team member is a value addition to our culture, so it's important for us to state our company values:
- 🏗 Keep it simple
- 🤝 Transparency
- 🙋♀️ Care (Give a sh*t)
- 🚀 Bias towards impactful action